TrishaTV Ltd (we, us, our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is TrishaTV Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06890116 and with our registered office at the Old Reading Room, 5 Recorder Road, Norwich, NR1 1NR. Our main trading address is PO Box - TBC. Our VAT number is 971342618
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Miss L Halls.
UNDER 16S MUST OBTAIN GUARDIAN’S CONSENT PRIOR TO PROVIDING DATA TO US
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide personal information to any one or more of our sites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites www.trishatv.com and www.trishatv.co.uk (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you register for one of our fan clubs, register for promotions, request brochures or information or provide information or comment on a particular programme or otherwise, enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our sites.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, your anonymous and identifiable comments volunteered by you when taking part in our on-line forums and polls and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to diagnose problems with our servers and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our sites according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our sites.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or equivalent technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services (including without limitation information about Trisha TV) that you request from us or which we feel may interest you:-
by electronic (eg, e-mail, SMS) or non-electronic (eg, post) means where you purchase products or services on-line or off-line and do not ‘opt out’ via tick box or otherwise or where you do not make purchases from us but contact us and ‘opt in’ via tick box or otherwise to receive the same (this includes, but is not limited to, the following: where you enter your details when you subscribe to our SMS Messaging service, your personal contact information & implied option to opt-in will be recorded so that we can send you by email, post and SMS information about our services and other products); and/or
by non-electronic (eg, post) means that we consider may be of interest to you unless you ‘opt out’ via tick box or otherwise
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. For this sole purpose, we may pass your details to third parties without your prior consent.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features (including, but not limited to, your taking part in on-line forums and polls) of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
Where you first give us your consent to all of the following, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail, SMS or post.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where you have consented to our permitting selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic or non-electronic means only if you have first consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way or as stated above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the order or registration form on which we collect your data.
If on initial ordering or registration, you consented to receive information about our or third parties’ services and other products, but subsequently you no longer wish to receive any of the same, please inform us, using the method that we contacted you, of this and we will cease contacting you for this purpose.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may from time to time provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Town House TV Productions Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend, with your prior consent only, to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We have designed the sites to make it easy for you to access information held about you and to amend personal data you have submitted on any online membership registration form. When you log in, you will be given a link that allows you to edit your details. If you require any further guidance on updating the details we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data (as defined by the Act) we hold about you.